Κυριακή 18 Νοεμβρίου 2007

Yellow Autumn - Children Of The Mist (1977, uS Psych Folk Rare)





Impressive late hippie psych folk album with male/female vocals, acoustic guitar, flute, violin - all the right ingredients. USA, 1977.

(VALA RECORDS/US/LP)

Tracks
1.MITHRIL MELON
2.MY CHILD
 3.CAPTAIN THOMPSON
4.ENERGY
5.WOODEN TABLE FABLE
6.THE DRUID
7.KEEPER OF FANTASY
8.SONG OF THE WEEPING WILLOW

Have a copy in the attic of that album with 8 tracks, but the 8th is only 20seconds (and nothing to be heard), so if someone knows about Y.A. please send me the credits & information.
Anonymous said... (from Garden Of Delights blog spot)

You'll never believe this (I barely believe it yself), but I found a NM copy of this LP in a local record store today for $3!! I live in Chico, CA. I knew about this LP from seeing it in Hans Pokora's "3001 Record Collector's Dreams" book. It has sold for for $200+ on eBay. Lorraine, the woman in the group, lives in Paradise, which is a few miles up in the Sierra foothills from here. The reason I know this is because the local free paper just had an article about her a few months ago (she's now a local radio DJ). The LP was mentioned in the article. I remember thinking to myself as I read it "gee, I'd love to get a copy of that album". Well, my wish was granted, is that amazing or what? The above poster mentioned the Black Flag connection---in addition to being recorded at Media Arts, BF roadie and all-around associate Spot is credited as engineering assistant on the back cover!



US psych folk from the 1977 album "Children of the mist"

Yellow Autumn - Energy

Yellow Autumn - Keeper of fantasy


Yellow Autumn - Captain Thompson ( Trad ) 


Yellow Autumn - Wooden Table Fable -  (Los Angeles,CA)

Add To Facebook