Τετάρτη 17 Δεκεμβρίου 2008

Lambchop - What Another Man Spills (US 1998)



Lambchop, originally Posterchild, is a band from Nashville, Tennessee. Lambchop is loosely associated with the alternative country genre, though its music resists easy classification. The music website Allmusic refers to them as "arguably the most consistently brilliant and unique American group to emerge during the 1990s". Never a band with a "core" lineup, Lambchop through the years has consisted of a large and fluid collective of musicians focused around its creative centre, frontman Kurt Wagner. Initially indebted to traditional country, the music has subsequently moved through a range of influences including post-rock, soul and lounge music.

Whatever the style, the characteristic mood of Lambchop's music is evoked by Wagner's distinctive songwriting - lyrically subtle and ambiguous, the vocals melodic but understated. Setting this apart from other minimalist songwriters is the large group of backing musicians, with the range of instruments and styles that it brings. Wagner's songwriting bears similarities with soul musicians such as Barry White, Curtis Mayfield and Marvin Gaye as much as with country and folk music, and can be seen to embody Kris Kristofferson’s dictum that “country music is the white man’s soul”.(From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)




.Από την άλλη μεριά, η μουσική των Lambchop σε “υγραίνει”. Κατ’ αρχάς φαντάσου τον βροχερό καιρό και την απάνθρωπη υγρασία του Αμερικάνικου Νότου: του Nashville, Tennessee για να ακριβολογούμε. Εκεί είναι όπου ο Kurt Wagner και η πολύ μεγάλη μπάντα του δημιουργούν τα ήρεμα, ονειρικά και μεγαλειώδη τραγούδια τους. “Συμφωνώ μαζί σου” αποκρίθηκε ο Kurt, αφού παραδέχτηκε ότι αποφάσισε να μην διεξάγει αυτή τη συνέντευξη στο μπαλκόνι της αυλής του, πιστεύοντας ότι τα κελαηδίσματα των πουλιών θα μας ηρεμήσουν σε σημείο νάρκωσης. “Αυτή η ηρεμία είναι κατάλληλη για το μέρος που ζω, εδώ στο Nashville, με την όλη υγρασία. Στο Νότο, τα καλοκαίρια μας είναι μεγάλα, ζεστά και περνάνε σιγά, και η μουσική μας αποτελεί καθρέπτισμα αυτών”.
(Η συνέχεια στο Avopolis)

Kurt and Willem contemplate the bus, the snow, and the bus in the snow.. ^V^``````^V^`````^V^Lyrics

I've Been Lonely For So Long :
Won't somebody help me please
'Cause I've been lonely for so long
Don't seem like happiness will come along
I've been lonely for so long
Don't seem like happiness will come along
These ain't clouds rain over my head
Everybody's throwing rocks in my bed
Just can't seem to get ahead in life
Nothing
I do ever turn out right
Won't somebody help me please
'Cause I've been lonely for so long
Don't seem like happiness will come along
I've been lonely for so long
Don't seem like happiness will come alongI lay awake every night
Trying to figure out how to make things right
There's got to be a better way
I knowTo shake this monkey off 'cause it's making me so
Won't somebody help me please
'Cause I've been lonely for so long
Don't seem like happiness will come along
I've been lonely for so long
Don't seem like happiness will come along
Yes I know what it feels like to be lonely
To have your friends turn their backs on you
Yes I've been lonely
Never know the real meaning of peace and harmony, yeah
I lay awake most every night
Trying to figure out how to make things right
There's got to be a better way I knowTo shake this monkey off
"cause it's making me so
Won't somebody help me please
'Cause I've been lonely for so long
Don't seem like happiness will come along
I've been lonely for so long
Don't seem like happiness will come along

(I've Been Lonely For So Long Lyrics on http://www.lyricsmania.com/)




Add To Facebook

3 σχόλια:

Μαρία Δριμή είπε...

Πάρα πολύ καλοί! Και το βιμπράφωνο (εξελληνισμός κατά το "Βωδελαίρος") πολύ εκφραστικό:δεν είναι πάντα απαραίτητη η ηλεκτρική κιθάρα. Ώρα να τους αναζητήσω σε κάποιο από τα μεγάλα δισκοπωλεία. Ποιο από τα άλμπουμς τους θα μου σύστηνες;

Standin'AtTheCrossroads είπε...

παρε κι αυτο :
Lambchop - Is A Woman (US 2002)
κλικ στο λινκ

το βράδυ θα σου πω την δισκογραφία τους , αν ειναι να πάρεις 2 cd , πάρε αυτά τα 2 που ανάρτησα εδώ.

Admin είπε...

Συναυλίες Αθήνας, Θεσσαλονίκης

Nai odws einai poly kala diskakia kai ta 2. Ayta na pareis